The first Ongaonga District School was opened in 1875, on a site opposite the old hotel, it is still there as the old school museum. The opening roll was 20 pupils. In 1886 a larger 4 classroom school was built on the present site with a roll of 61.
On 21 October 1966 the Chairman of the Hawke’s Bay Education Board opened the present school. The roll at the time was about 100.
Today we are a 4 classroom school with a roll range of 50-65 students. We have fantastic learning environments delivering inclusive, supportive, values based education to meet the needs of our learners.
Principal - Year 7-8 Teacher
Deputy Principal - Year 0-2 Teacher
Year 2-3 Teacher
Year 7-8 Teacher
Year 4-6 Teacher
Reading recover - Learning Support - Art Teacher
CRT Teacher - Caretaker - Fixer of Stuff
School Cleaner and Gardener